Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hanging pictures without making swiss cheese

When hanging pictures at my house, my tendency is to always miss the mark by just a smidge ... ending in my wall looking like swiss cheese before I'm satisfied with the placement. A single nail hook is difficult enough, but you can fagetaboutit when it comes to the tandum hooks.

I recently thought of a way to cheat those sneaky double hooks. Just tie a string between the two hooks -- taut enough to make sure the hooks are facing each other.



Then just hang your picture from the string. You're on your own with the one remaining nail to struggle with.



Here's what the final grouping looked like (sorry about the shoddy flash/glare, still working on figuring out the new camera). Pretty evenly spaced for a swiss cheese girl, right??

No comments: