Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things to make and do

I've been on a "let's make stuff" kick recently. Here are the two latest creations ...

I made a wreath for the front door (at the "request" of my husband who said our current wreath was not "summery" enough -- who knew he was even paying attention). I wrapped a thrifted wreath in ribbon, added some "flower" buttons, and called it a day.



This next piece hangs in our kitchen. We purchased the large outer mirror at the flea market a few years ago. It was missing the center mirror, so we got it at a steal. Our original plan had been to make some kind of string art in the center, but that plan failed dismally. We later added the smaller center mirror (I think we found it at Target). This past week, we added on these vintage Christmas lights. The glow it makes is so lovely ... perfect for candle light dinners.


Well, I hope this was a great weekend for everyone -- mine was busy, but fantastic. I'll be posting some pictures soon of this weekend's adventures.

Happy creating to you all ...

No comments: