Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Dumpster diving -- The ULTIMATE way to be green

Several days ago, I eyed a small step stool my neighbor had placed by the curb. I was in a hurry to leave for work, so I just left it. It was trash day after all, and I figured we would never cross paths again. But, when I came home from work that evening, guess what the trashman had not picked up?? The step stool. So, I begged my hubby to grab it while I brought the trash can back from the curb. Thanks honey for aiding in my dumpster-diving-deeds.



I brought the stool into the house, gave it a good scrub down, and hammered the sides back together. It was still a bit wobbly, but sturdy enough to hold a plant or some such thing.

I was walking around the house trying to find its forever home, when I stepped into the downstairs bathroom. We had been using a freestanding toilet paper holder because it's kind of a small space and we needed to use some free space under the sink. I moved Mr. T out of the way, and found that my new little step stool was a perfect fit. What do you think??




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course this one is my fav! Only you my dear friend....

Anonymous said...

I love that bathroom!

Unknown said...

I think it is perfect that you have a house now so you can go crazy with crafts and find spaces like this for your dumpster digs.